Candle CARE & SAFETY

- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep. Be sure the wick ember is no longer glowing

~ Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.

~ Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.

~ Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning and dripping.

~ Always use a candleholder specifically designed for candle use. The holder should be heat resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax.

~ Be sure the candleholder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This can help prevent heat damage to underlying surfaces and prevent glass containers from breaking.

~ Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

~ Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and avoid flame flare-ups and sooting. Drafts can also blow nearby lightweight items into the flame where they could catch fire.

~ Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Don't burn too many candles in a small room or in a "tight" home where air exchange is limited.

~ Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inches of wax remains.

~ Never touch or move a burning candle or container candle when the wax is liquid.

~ Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.

~ Use a snuffer to extinguish a candle. It's the safest way to prevent hot wax splatters.

~ Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause a glass container to break. 

~ Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.

~ Extinguish a candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn't burning properly. Cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before relighting.

~ Never use a candle as a night light.

~  If candle wick develops a mushroom carbo tip, extinguish the candle, allow to completely cool and remove the tip by pinching between fingers using a tissue. This will ensure your candle burns evenly and prevent excess wick debris from falling into the candle. ~ 

1 / 1

Please reload

REMOVING RESIDUAL WAX FROM USED JARS

 1. Pour boiling water into the jar.

        Leave the jar for a few hours, and when you come back the water will have cooled and the solid wax will be  floating on top  

 

2. Place the candle in the oven on low temperature (<100 degrees Celsius) until the remainder of the wax melts enough for the whole of the wax to be poured out.

3. Freeze the jars. Wait an hour, remove the jar . The cold temperature will cause the wax to shrink, which will pull it away from the surface of the jar. Use a knife to pop out the wax.

4. Wash the jar with hot soap and water and it should come right out for you. ** Soy wax cleans right up with hot soapy water**

5.  REMOVE any residual candle smell in the jar. pour vinegar or baking soda--not both--into the jar and let it sit overnight. Wash it with warm, soapy water in the morning.

 

$5 off your next candle  purchase if you recycle your jar (Local Pick up Only)

 

Sydney, Australia. hello@fragrantflame.com.au

 © 2020 Fragrant Flame. All Rights Reserved

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon